Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Gabrielle

It is Gabrielle's 8th birthday today. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. I was 38 weeks and supposed to be getting induced at 39 weeks but she had other ideas and contractions woke me up at about 6am.
MrB had been sleeping in the other room as I was really uncomfortable the night before and had kicked him out of our bed. I woke him up and told him I was in labour and he grunted at me and said "What again" (we had had a few false alarms) he has never lived it down.
He eventually believed me and got up, the house was still quiet as the older three were still asleep.
It was a very eventful couple of hours - I insisted that MrB go and rescue our kitten who was having a fight with another cat outside, Our kitten then jumped through the window and attached itself to my (quite painful) bump in terror.
I thought it would be a good idea to have a bath and while in it my ctx got suddenly worse- mrb became convinced I was about to deliver in the bath and had to drag help me out sharpish.
Once in the hospital things went really well and I delivered Gaby two hours after I arrived.
Now I know I'm biased but she was beautiful the rest of my newborns have come out looking a bit like plucked chickens and got better as they got older but she was gorgeous from the start, she was a beautiful peachy pink colour and looked so fresh and new and just perfect.
Everyone was amazed by her hands she looked like she had stopped off for a manicure on the way out.
We had an overnight stay and came home on Mothering Sunday. Since then she has made life so much fun, she still has her style and can carry off any outfit often comes down wearing bizarre combinations that actually look good.
She is our girly girl, and likes all things pink but has a huge interest in creepy crawlies too.
She is the drama queen of the family and likes to play the diva our nickname for her is Golden Globe Gaby.
It is hard to believe that 8 years ago I was holding my perfect squishy newborn and now I have this beautiful girl who wants to collect worms in the garden during the day and  then spend the evening in the bath with a face mask on.
Happy Birthday Gaby boo love you millions.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Lovely birth story! Think I will have to add some of my own now! She is beautiful and sounds fantastic! Happy Birthday to you both!

    ReplyDelete